Intellectual Property and Internet LawQuintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A.
has extensive experience in handling complex Intellectual Property, Internet and Technology Law matters. Specifically, the firm’s attorneys practice in all areas of intellectual property litigation and licensing relating to patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret protection and prosecution. These complex domestic and international intellectual property matters are handled for companies of all sizes and in a variety of industries for their following needs:
- Protecting and advancing innovation and ingenuity
- Assessment and counseling regarding the value and risks of a Business’s brands, registered and unregistered intellectual property, trade secrets and other proprietary commercial assets (unique knowledge, know-how and goodwill).
- Counseling in the areas of domestic and international patent, trademark and copyright filing/prosecution.
- Intellectual Property & Technology Transactions with an emphasis on Internet, e-commerce, Entertainment and Media law.
- Drafting, negotiating and enforcing intellectual property licensing deals.
- Industry Transactions, with an emphasis on joint R&D, marketing collaboration, licensing, cross-licensing and commercialization ventures, and industry web-based ventures.
- Litigation counsel in state and federal courts in multiple jurisdictions and administrative courts such as the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB).
- Prosecution and defense of domain dispute actions (a.k.a. “cybersquatting”) in state and federal courts or via the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”), the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), and the National Arbitration Forum (NAF).
- Counseling for Internet domain name strategies Internet keyword advertising.
- Prosecution and defense of online defamation matters.
- Counseling on website compliance issues, privacy risks, social engineering techniques, as well as crafting Internet privacy statements and Terms of Service (TOS) statements.
- A variety of other commercial issues and matters that arise from the interaction between intellectual property, the Internet and technology.