Matthew R. Reinhardt is a partner in the U.S. Virgin Islands and Michigan offices of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. Mr. Reinhardt supervises the U.S. Virgin Islands and Michigan sections of the Business, Financial Services & Real Estate Division.
Mr. Reinhardt represents lenders in nearly all stages of real estate transactions and mortgage servicing litigation, including the negotiation of new loan transactions; the acquisition, workout, and disposition of troubled commercial and residential loan assets; and the exercise of creditor’s rights and remedies. Other practice areas include civil litigation, insurance defense, veteran’s benefits, social security, collections, judgment enforcement, employment, probate, and family law.
Mr. Reinhardt is admitted to all courts in the U.S. Virgin Islands and is licensed to practice law in Michigan. He is a member of the State Bar of Michigan and the Virgin Islands Bar Association. Mr. Reinhardt is a U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs accredited attorney and is a former real estate broker in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Mr. Reinhardt completed mediation training at the preeminent Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School.
On December 1, 2017, Mr. Reinhardt received a Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition for outstanding and invaluable service to the Virgin Islands community following major hurricanes Irma and Maria.
Mr. Reinhardt received his Juris Doctor from Michigan State University College of Law and Bachelor of Arts cum laude from Western Michigan University Haworth College of Business. Mr. Reinhardt moved to the U.S. Virgin Islands in 2011, where he worked in public service for the Superior Court of the Virgin Islands in St. Croix prior to entering private practice.
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- District Court of the Virgin Islands (including Bankruptcy Division)
- State Bar of Michigan
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Michigan (including Bankruptcy Court)
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Michigan (including Bankruptcy Court)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
1000 Blackbeard's Hill, Suite 10
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 00802
Telephone: (340) 693-0230
Facsimile: (340) 693-0300
107 W. Michigan Avenue, Suite 500
Kalamazoo, Michigan 49007
Telephone: (855) 287-0240
Areas of Practice:
- Bankruptcy, Creditors’ Rights & Workouts
- Business, Financial Services & Real Estate Division
- General Litigation
- Insurance and Insurers
- Labor and Employment Law
- Probate and Guardianships Administrative and Litigation
- RE Transactions and Development/ Eminent Domain
- Title Insurance & Escrow
- Wills, Trusts and Estates
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D. (2011)
- Western Michigan University Haworth College of Business, B.A., cum laude (2008)