Charles G. Eichhorn, Jr. is a partner at Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. and practices from the firm's Jacksonville office. His areas of practice include insurance defense, medical malpractice, assisted living facility and nursing home defense litigation, and premises liability. Mr. Eichhorn’s practice also includes appeals; in this area, he has successfully handled several matters including:
- Scofield v. Sibley, 874 So. 2d 611 (Fla. 1st DCA 2004)
- Travelers Indemnity Co. of Illinois v. Hutson, 847 So. 2d 1113 (Fla. 1st DCA 2003)
- Gainesville Health Care Center, Inc. v. Weston, 857 So. 2d 278 (Fla. 1st DCA 2003).
Mr. Eichhorn graduated from the University of North Florida in 1994 where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in political science, and in 1999 he received his Juris Doctorate from Stetson School of Law. Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Eichhorn served as a law clerk for the Honorable Walter R. Heinrich, Hillsborough County Judge, and in 1998 served as an intern at the Public Defender’s Office of the Sixth Judicial Circuit.
Mr. Eichhorn is a member of The Florida Bar, and the Jacksonville and American Bar Associations. He is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Florida, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Mr. Eichhorn has lectured on various legal topics. His recent speaking engagements include:
- Current Issues Impacting Insurance Defense Practice in Florida. Insurance Defense Practice Update, Bad Faith Practice, and Ethics for Insurance Defense Counsel.
- Nursing Home Negligence in Florida. Arbitration Provisions in Long Term Care Agreements.
- Practical Legal Research and Analysis. Updating the Law, Examining Ethical Issues, and Computer-assisted Legal Research for the Paralegal in Florida.
- Medical Malpractice in Florida. Various Topics.
Mr. Eichhorn served in the United States Navy with distinction. Prior to joining Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer in 2004, he practiced law at Dore, Lanier & Noey in Jacksonville, Florida.
4190 Belfort Road, Suite 450
Jacksonville, Florida 32216
Telephone: (904) 354-5500
Facsimile: (904) 354-5501
Areas of Practice:
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Insurance and Insurers
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Nursing Homes
- Premises Liability
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D. (1999)
- University of North Florida, B.A. (1994)