Ryan C. Meade is the Managing Partner of the U.S. Virgin Islands office of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A., and also maintains an active law practice out of the firm’s Miami, Florida and Atlanta, Georgia offices. He focuses his practice on the litigation and trial of complex claims throughout the United States and the Caribbean.
Mr. Meade regularly represents his clients’ interests in connection with litigation arising out of “shore-side” incidents, which include wrongful death, personal injury, fraud, business torts and contractual disputes. In addition, he handles maritime, aviation and other international “off-shore” matters, which include claims, brought under general maritime law, the Jones Act, COGSA and the Warsaw and Montreal Conventions in a variety of jurisdictions. Mr. Meade’s maritime practice also involves customs and immigration compliance, crew contracts, vessel arrests, vessel documentation, off-shore flagging and stream of commerce issues.
Mr. Meade also represents his clients’ interests in connection with their labor and employment practices, handling claims brought under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the American’s with Disabilities Act, the National Labor Relations Act, and Section 1983 claims in court as well before administrative agencies such as the National Labor Relations Board, EEOC and Department of Labor. Mr. Meade has also served as lead negotiator with respect to Union Collective Bargaining Agreements.
In addition to his litigation practice, Mr. Meade also represents clients engaged in banking, mortgage lending and mortgage servicing, in both transactional and litigation matters focusing on residential and commercial foreclosures, asset recovery, evictions, creditors' rights in bankruptcy, documentation of leases, loans and secured transactions, evictions, and collection matters.
Mr. Meade is licensed to practice law in New York, Florida, Georgia, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and is admitted in the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Florida, Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Georgia, The Northern District of New York, the District of the Virgin Islands, the District of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands Bankruptcy Courts, the Puerto Rico Bankruptcy Courts, Georgia Bankruptcy Courts and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh and Third Circuits.
Mr. Meade is a 2004 graduate of Tulane University Law School where he received his Juris Doctor and Certificate in Admiralty and Maritime Law recognizing his expertise in the field. He was named to the Order of Barristers and was a distinguished member of the Moot Court Trial team. Prior to attending Tulane, Mr. Meade received his undergraduate degree from Auburn University where he was a three (3) time All-American lacrosse player for the Tigers. Mr. Meade was recently named to the Southeastern Lacrosse Conference’s 25th Anniversary Team and was inducted into the Southeastern Lacrosse Conference Hall of Fame in 2014.
Mr. Meade, a native of Long Island, New York, has lived and practiced law in New York, Miami, Atlanta, and in the U.S. Virgin Islands since 2004.
- Carnival Corp. v. Operadora Aviomar S.A. de C.V., 883 F. Supp. 2d 1316 (S.D. Fla. 2012)
- Dadgostar v. St. Croix Fin. Ctr., Inc., 2011 WL 4383424 (D.V.I. Sept. 20, 2011)
- In re Air Crash near Rio Grande Puerto Rico On Dec. 3, 2008, 2013 WL 1729385 (S.D. Fla. Apr. 22, 2013)
- Davis v. Sunrise Med. (US), LLC, 2013 WL 3775461 (D.V.I. July 17, 2013)
- Cavalli v. Port of $ale, Inc., 2014 WL 642587 (D.V.I. Feb. 19, 2014)
- Denero v. Catered To Inc., 2014 WL 4473849 (D.V.I. Sept. 11, 2014)
- Belizaire v. Whitecap Inv. Corp., 2014 WL 4961599 (D.V.I. Oct. 3, 2014)
- Ethics School – Best Practices for Virgin Islands Lawyers, March 2015
Court Grants QPWB’s Motion for Summary Judgment and Dismissal with Prejudice in a Construction Liability Claim Based on Criminal Conduct Violation
U.S. Virgin Islands QPWB Trial Attorneys Get Defense Verdict for Security Protection Patrol Firm
QPWB Obtains Unanimous Defense Verdict for Marriott in U.S. Virgin Islands
U.S. Virgin Islands Defense Verdict
Defense Verdict – Employment Discrimination
1000 Blackbeard's Hill, Suite 10
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 00802
Telephone: (340) 693-0230
Facsimile: (340) 693-0300
9300 South Dadeland Blvd., 4th Floor
Miami, Florida 3315600802
Telephone: (305) 670-1161
Facsimile: (305) 670-1101
365 Northridge Road, Suite 230
Atlanta Georgia 30350
Telephone: (770) 650-8737
Facsimile: (770) 650-8797
Areas of Practice:
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Aviation Law
- Bankruptcy, Creditors' Rights and Workouts
- Business, Financial Services & Real Estate Division
- End to End Default Legal Services
- Fraud/Special Investigative Unit (SIU)
- General Litigation
- Labor and Employment Law
- RE Transactions and Development/ Eminent Domain
- Regulatory and Compliance Services
- Residential and Commercial RE Transactions, Litigation and Development - Financial
- Residential Mortgage Backed Securities
- Title Insurance & Escrow
- Tulane University School of Law, J.D. (2004)
- Auburn University, B.A. (2000)