C. Brent Wardrop is a partner in the Atlanta office of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. He practices in the areas of financial services and complex litigation. Primarily, his practice focuses on multi-party liability matters involving substantial property and personal injury claims for both insured and self-insured businesses and individuals; federal consumer protection defense; and residential and commercial foreclosures, asset recovery, evictions, real estate disputes, title insurance claims, creditors’ rights, bankruptcy, distressed commercial loan facilities, loan workouts, distressed asset dispositions and acquisitions. Mr. Wardrop handles cases in state and federal courts from inception through settlement, trial and appeal; including regulatory proceedings for local, national and international clients. His transactional practice includes loans and secured transactions, documentation of leases and closings.
- Premises and property actions, negligent security, automobile and commercial transportation entities, product liability, building-related and construction defect, slip/trip and fall litigation.
- Contracts and financing agreements related to business operations and complex and routine contracts.
- Claims arising out of the acquisition, development, improvement, and construction of real estate.
- Residential and commercial mortgage enforcement.
Mr. Wardrop commenced private practice with a premier Central Florida litigation law firm in 2005 where he focused on complex civil and commercial litigation, insurance defense and statewide insurance fraud investigations, construction claims, and secured transactions. Mr. Wardrop moved home to Georgia in 2012 and has since represented clients throughout Georgia, Florida and Tennessee. Prior to joining QPWB, Mr. Wardrop managed the Lender and Financial Services practice of an Atlanta, Georgia law firm.
Mr. Wardrop received his Juris Doctor from Florida State University College of Law in May 2005 and Bachelor of Arts cum laude from the University of Georgia in May 2001, graduating with a major in broadcast journalism. During undergraduate school, he studied abroad and interned with “The Late Show with David Letterman.” During law school, he was a member of the moot court, the Journal of Transactional Law and Policy, and Business Review; and he received the Book Award for academic achievement in legal research and writing.
He is licensed to practice law in Georgia, Florida and Tennessee and is admitted to practice in the district and bankruptcy courts in those states including, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Georgia; the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, and Southern Districts of Florida; and the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Tennessee.
Mr. Wardrop serves as an adjunct professor at Georgia State University in the nationally-recognized Risk Management and Insurance department where he teaches a course on “Legal and Ethical Analysis of Business Environments.”
Awards and Honors
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, Georgia (2017, 2018)
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, Florida (2012)
- Atlanta Claims Association 98th Annual ACA Education Seminar, “From the Dancers’ Perspective: Claims Handling Issues — The Defense View,” Co-presenter (April 2021)
QPWB Partner Wins Summary Judgment for Georgia Horse Ranch
Court Grants QPWB’s Motion for Summary Judgment and Dismissal with Prejudice in a Construction Liability Claim Based on Criminal Conduct Violation
365 Northridge Road, Suite 230
Atlanta, Georgia 30350
Telephone: (770) 650-8737
Facsimile: (770) 650-8797
Areas of Practice:
- Automotive Liability
- Bankruptcy, Creditors’ Rights and Workouts
- Business, Financial Services & Real Estate Division
- Construction Claims
- End to End Default Legal Services
- Fraud/SIU (Special Investigative Unit)
- General Litigation
- Insurance and Insurers
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Regulatory and Compliance Services
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate Transactions, Litigation and Development
- Trucking and Transportation
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D. (2005)
- University of Georgia, B.A., cum laude (2001)