Michael J. "Mike" Barker is a partner at Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. and heads up the firm’s Business, Financial Services & Real Estate Division. He is a Jacksonville native and represents clients throughout Florida and beyond. Mr. Barker represents clients engaged in almost every aspect of real estate law. Additionally, Mr. Barker manages a robust practice for matters arising out of or relating to default loan servicing, banking, mortgage lending, mortgage servicing, commercial lending, distressed commercial loan facilities, loan workouts, creditors’ rights, distressed asset dispositions and acquisitions, construction and development, and title insurance in both transactional and litigation matters.
Prior to joining QPWB, Mr. Barker was founding shareholder of Barker & Barker, P.A. and Barker Land Title & Escrow, Inc. Mr. Barker is licensed to practice law in Florida and a member of The Florida Bar. He is admitted in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, and U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida as well as the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida. Mr. Barker is a Board Certified Specialists in Construction Law as recognized by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education and has served as a member of The Florida Bar Construction Law Committee, Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section. Additionally, Mr. Barker is a member of NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association and Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA).
Mr. Barker received his Juris Doctor from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law in 1999 and his B.A. from the University of Florida in 1996.
Mr. Barker has attained an AV® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating for ethics and legal ability.
4190 Belfort Road, Suite 450
Jacksonville, Florida 32216
Telephone: (904) 226-3660
Areas of Practice:
- Bankruptcy, Creditors’ Rights and Workouts
- Business, Financial Services & Real Estate Division
- Construction Claims
- End to End Default Legal Services
- Real Estate Transactions and Development/Eminent Domain and Condemnation
- Regulatory and Compliance Services
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate Transactions, Litigation and Development – Financial
- Residential Mortgage Backed Securities (RMBS) Transactional and Litigation Services
- Title Insurance & Escrow Services
- Wills, Trusts and Estates
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D. (1999)
- University of Florida, B.A. (1996)