Christine L. Stanley is a partner in the Lexington, Kentucky office of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. Ms. Stanley focuses her practice in the areas of medical malpractice defense and the representation of nursing homes, assisted living facilities and hospitals, and includes general liability and appeals. In addition, her practice encompasses the areas of regulatory and corporate compliance, fraud and abuse, state regulatory matters including certificate of need and licensing.
Ms. Stanley’s achievements have been recognized by her peers. She is distinguished as one of the top-rated Health Care attorneys in the nation, selected to Kentucky Rising Stars by Thomson’s Reuters Super Lawyers® 2019-2020, and received the 2020 Outstanding Young Lawyer Award from the Fayette County Bar Association.
Prior to joining QPWB, Ms. Stanley worked extensively on matters involving health care providers as a senior associate with a regional, long-term care focused defense law firm. She handled medical negligence claims, regulatory violations claims, and Resident’s Rights violation claims. She has counseled regarding compliance, reimbursement matters, employment issues, preparation and review of provider contracts, and insurance risk and loss. Previously, as Director of Risk Management and Compliance at Chrysalis House, Inc., she developed and implemented corporate and healthcare compliance programs. Ms. Stanley was a compliance specialist liaison between Kentucky Spirit Health Plan and Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services, the state’s Medicaid managed care provider where she compiled submissions of approved statutory reports.
Ms. Stanley received her Juris Doctor from the University of Kentucky College of Law in May 2012 and Bachelor of Science in Technical Writing for Science and Medicine from Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in May 2008.
She is licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and is admitted in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court. She is a member of the Kentucky Bar Association, National Bar Association, Fayette County Bar Association, Central Kentucky American Inn of Court – Barrister, Defense Research Institute, and Civil Justice Reform Commission.
Ms. Stanley is a lecturer and presenter of seminars on topics of emerging issues in health care regulation, compliance programs, HIPAA, and electronic medical records; attended by healthcare attorneys, claims professionals and risk managers, and CEOs, administrators and all employees within a hospital or long-term care setting.
- Kentucky Law Update-Hot Topics in Kentucky Healthcare Law, August to December 2018 - CLE - Emerging topics in the Kentucky Healthcare arena:
- Negligent credentialing
- Medical Review Panels (SB 4, 2017)
- Medical Tort Reform (SB 20, 2018).
- Health Care Compliance Association - Privacy and Reducing Disclosure Incidents, June 22, 2016 - A presentation on privacy law, regulations and preparing for Phase II HIPAA audits.
- Overcoming Bad Faith: Lincoln Benefit Life Company v. Dallal, Common Defense (Fall/Winter 2018)
- Caught In the Middle: The Evolution of Tort Challenges Against Hospitals from Antitrust to Negligent Credentialing, Medlaw Update (March 2018)
- Healthcare Defense in the Wake of Advocate Healthcare Network v. Stapleton, ERISA Report (December 20 I 7)
- Are Medical Review Panels an Alternative to Traditional Tort Reform Measures, DRI Women in the Law Newsletter (September 2017)
- ERISA Overview, History and Updates, For the Defense (August 2016)
In her community, Ms. Stanley is a volunteer at the Lexington Junior League and the Carnegie Center for Literacy. She received the Young Lawyers Service to the Community Award from the Kentucky Bar Association in 2015.
2452 Sir Barton Way, Suite 300
Lexington, Kentucky 40509
Telephone: (859) 226-0057
Facsimile: (859) 226-0059
Areas of Practice:
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Automotive Liability
- Hospitals/Acute Care Facilities
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Nursing Homes
- Premises Liability
- University of Kentucky College of Law, J.D. (2012)
- Carnegie Mellon University, B.S. (2008)