Kyle R. Waldner is a partner in the U.S. Virgin Islands office of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. Mr. Waldner concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, personal injury and premises liability litigation, employment litigation, and general civil and appellate litigation. Mr. Waldner represents a diverse group of clients, including national and regional insurers, publicly traded companies, a range of businesses, and private individuals, in litigation before the federal and local courts in the U.S. Virgin Islands, and also has acted as an advocate before administrative tribunals, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Virgin Islands Department of Labor, and the Public Employees Relations Board. He also advises clients on general business and transactional matters.
Mr. Waldner also practices in the areas of construction litigation, products liability, admiralty and maritime law, professional malpractice, real estate and title defense, and governmental defense, and has represented a number of indigent defendants in criminal matters, including cases involving charges of first degree murder, federal drug trafficking and conspiracy, and “white-collar” crime. Mr. Waldner also has an appellate practice, has handled many appeals before the Third Circuit Court of Appeals and Supreme Court of the Virgin Islands, and is a member of the Firm’s Appellate Practice Group.
Mr. Waldner has practiced law in the U.S. Virgin Islands since 2005. He received his Juris Doctor from The George Washington University Law School in 2005. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Waldner received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. While in law school, Mr. Waldner was a member of the International Law Review. Following his graduation from law school, Mr. Waldner relocated to the U.S. Virgin Islands to commence his private law practice.
Mr. Waldner is licensed to practice law in the U.S. Virgin Islands and is admitted to practice before all federal and territorial courts in the U.S. Virgin Islands. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He is an active member of the Virgin Islands Bar Association (VIBA) and served on its Board of Governors for the 2013 term. He has also served on the VIBA’s Young Lawyer’s Committee and CLE Committee, is currently the Chair of the Scholarship Committee, and has served as an attorney advisor for the Virgin Islands High School Moot Court Competition since 2008.
- Government of the Virgin Islands v. Vanterpool, 767 F.3d 157 (3d Cir. Sept. 12, 2014)
- German American Capital Corp. v. Morehouse, 2014 WL 3747202 (D.V.I. July 30, 2014)
- Gould v. Salem, 2013 WL 5348463 (V.I. Supreme Court 2013)
- Barefoot Architect, Inc. v. Bunge, 632 F.3d 822 (3d Cir. Jan. 2011)
- Mulley v. People of the Virgin Islands, 2009 WL 1810918 (V.I. Supreme Court 2009)
- People of Virgin Islands v. George, 2008 WL 2518556 (V.I. Supreme Court 2008)
1000 Blackbeard's Hill, Suite 10
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 00802
Telephone: (340) 693-0230
Facsimile: (340) 693-0300
Areas of Practice:
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Construction Claims
- General Litigation
- Governmental Liability Defense
- Labor and Employment Law
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Malpractice Defense
- RE Transactions and Development/ Eminent Domain
- Title Insurance & Escrow
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D. (2005)
- University of North Carolina, B.A.