Joel R. Wolpe is a partner in the Miami office of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. Mr. Wolpe is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Florida Bar Board of Legal Education and Specialization since 1983. For over 45 years he has represented clients in all aspects of civil litigation including, but not limited to, medical malpractice defense and the representation of physicians, health care practitioners, acute and long-term care institutions; legal malpractice defense, professional malpractice defense of architects, engineers, and contractors, personal injury and wrongful death defense, automobile, product liability, including toxic tort litigation, insurance coverage and general corporate liability defense, commercial litigation including Florida and Federal Fair Debt Collection actions and franchise/franchisee litigation.Mr. Wolpe is consistently recognized by clients and his peers as a leader in trial practice. He is listed in Florida Super Lawyers® and has attained the highest Peer Review Rating™ of AV® Preeminent from Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory; he is named a Top Lawyer in the area of medical malpractice defense by South Florida Legal Guide, he was also selected to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and has been inducted into the Litigation Counsel of America.
Prior to joining QPWB, Mr. Wolpe was a founding partner of a Downtown Miami law firm known for its insurance defense practices.
Mr. Wolpe received his Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law in 1973 and Bachelor of Science from the University of Florida in 1969.
He is licensed to practice law in Florida and is admitted in the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida.
- The Florida Bar, former member, Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee and Florida Bar Civil Rules Procedure Committee
- Dade County Bar Association, former member, Professionalism Committee
- Grobman v. Posey, 863 So. 2d 1230 (Fla. 4th DCA 2003)
- Foster v. Healthsouth Regional Rehabilitation Center, 613 So.2d 935 (Fla. 3rd DCA 1993)
- Citron v. Armstrong World Industries, Inc., 779 F. Supp. 1327 (S.D. Fla 1990)
- Del Valle v. Sanchez, 170 F. Supp. 2d. 1254 (S.D. Fla. 2001)
9300 South Dadeland Blvd., 4th Floor
Miami, Florida 33156
Telephone: (305) 670-1101
Facsimile: (305) 670-1161
Areas of Practice:
- Architects and Engineers
- Automotive Liability
- Construction Claims
- General Litigation
- Hospitals / Acute Care Facilities
- Insurance and Insurers
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Nursing Homes
- Product Liability
- Professional Malpractice Defense
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D. (1973)
- University of Florida, B.S. (1969)