Robin N. Khanal is a partner in the Orlando office of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. He is a civil trial attorney practicing complex personal injury defense, predominantly in the areas of medical malpractice, nursing home, assisted living, and premises liability. Over the past several years, Mr. Khanal has tried a multitude of cases via jury trials and arbitrations with millions of dollars at issue, obtaining favorable results for his clients.
A leader in his field, he is a sought after national speaker in the areas of health care, risk management, compliance challenges, and other cascading regulatory concerns. Corporate leaders rely on information at his accredited seminars and in-service trainings prepared along with the American Health Care Association; the American Medical Directors Association; Florida Health Care Association; Florida Assisted Living Association; Florida Association Directors of Nursing Administration; the Florida Association of Homes and Services for the Aging; Leading Age Florida; and the Defense Research Institute.
Recognizing the liability risk the COVID-19 pandemic presented, Mr. Khanal recently went to work and tirelessly advocated for Florida’s health care providers in front of various committees of the Florida House and Senate on the newly-enacted COVID-19 Liability Immunity Law.
In years past, his vast knowledge aided in U.S. Congressional Committee hearings after he was selected for a comprehensive survey on Negotiated Risk Agreements in Assisted Living, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary of Planning and Evaluations, and the Office of Disability, Aging and Long Term Care.
Mr. Khanal earned his Juris Doctor with honors from the Shepard Broad Law Center at Nova Southeastern University in 2002 and Bachelor of Science with honors from the University of Central Florida in 1998.
Mr. Khanal is licensed to practice law in Florida and is admitted before the U.S. District Court for the Middle and Northern Districts of Florida.
Based on his service to the community over the years, he has been repeatedly lauded by the Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association with a Pro Bono Service Bronze Pin. In 2008, Mr. Khanal was selected as a “Top Up-and-Comer” in Florida Trend’s Legal Elite.
- United States Marine Corps, 1994-2000
- 4th Air Naval Gunfire Liaison Company (4th ANGLICO)
- Olszewski v. IHS of Central Park – Orange County, FL – Nursing Home Negligence
- Cole v. Jason Murray, PA – Orange County, FL – Medical Malpractice
- Myers v. Bayshore Pointe Nursing Home – Hillsborough County, FL – Nursing Home Negligence
- Vickers v. Bayshore Pointe Nursing Home – Hillsborough County, FL – Nursing Home Negligence
- Servillo v. Emeritus at Springtree – Broward County, FL – Assisted Living Negligence
- Bocchmuzzo v. Boulevard Rehabilitation Center – Palm Beach County, FL – Nursing Home Negligence
- Stark v. Medicana Nursing Home – Palm Beach County, FL – Premises Liability
- Pobanz v. Pirates Cove Condominium Association – Volusia County, FL – Premises Liability
- Gonzalez v. Bayshore Pointe Nursing Home – Hillsborough County, FL – Nursing Home Negligence
- Turner v. Avante at Inverness – Citrus County, FL – Nursing Home Negligence
- Lockley v. Pinellas Point Nursing Home – Pinellas County, FL – Nursing Home Negligence
- Lankford v. Life Care of Pensacola – Escambia County, FL – Nursing Home Negligence
- Yarawsky v. Bayshore Pointe Nursing Home – Hillsborough County, FL – Nursing Home Negligence
- Powell v. Braden River Rehabilitation Center – Manatee County, FL – Nursing Home Negligence
- Redding v. Sarasota Point Nursing Home – Sarasota County, FL – Nursing Home Negligence
- Haggard v. Regency Apartments – Polk County, FL – Premises Liability
- Trupia v. Walmart – Lake County, FL – Negligence
- Zopp v. Walmart – Seminole County, FL – Premises Liability
- Bruno v. Walmart - Polk County, FL – Premises Liability
- Mattera v. Brookdale Cape Coral – Lee County, FL – Assisted Living Negligence
255 South Orange Avenue, Suite 900
Orlando, Florida 32801
Telephone: (407) 872-6011
Facsimile: (407) 872-6012
Areas of Practice:
- Assisted Living Facilities
- General Litigation
- Hospitals/Acute Care Facilities
- Insurance and Insurers
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Nursing Home Defense
- Premises Liability
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, J.D., with honors (2002)
- University of Central Florida, B.S., with honors (1998)