Michael V. Favia
Michael V. Favia and Michael V. Favia and Associates are Of Counsel to Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A.
Michael V. Favia is an experienced highly-respected attorney in Illinois. He is recognized for his extensive legal acumen and collaborative style as he leads his professional team of attorneys, investigators and experts in providing highly-personalized quality service and representation for his clients.
Michael V. Favia and his team handle all types of transactional, regulatory and litigation matters in all Illinois jurisdictions and venues. Mr. Favia’s experience includes his tenure as the former Chief of Medical and Health Related Prosecutions for the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation where he directed the statewide enforcement of the Illinois Medical Practice Act and numerous other regulatory and licensure statutes. Previously, he was an Assistant Illinois Attorney General handling all types of litigation and serious fraud related cases. In addition, he has served as legal counsel to various governmental entities, all types of businesses, large and small, healthcare practices and licensed professionals.
- Illinois State Bar Association (Assembly Member; Health Law Council, Past Chair)
- Chicago Bar Association (Health Law; Insurance Committee)
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute - DRI (Member, Lecturer)
- Justinian Society of Lawyers (Past President; Executive Committee)
- John Marshall Law School (Board of Trustees; Alumni Association, Past President)
- Institute of Medicine of Chicago (Board of Governors, Lifetime Fellow, Vice President)
- A Safe Haven Foundation (Board of Directors, Vice President)
- Concussion Legacy Foundation (Member)
Michael V. Favia & Associates has consistently earned an AV Rating from Martindale-Hubbell and is considered a Leading Lawyer firm in the areas of health law and administrative law.
5045 North Harlem Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60656-3501
Telephone: (773) 631-4580
Facsimile: (773) 631-7776
Areas of Practice:
- Administrative Law
- Assisted Living Facilities
- General Litigation
- Healthcare and Transactional
- Hospital/ Acute Care Facilities
- Insurance and Insurers
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Nursing Homes
- Professional Malpractice Defense
- The John Marshall Law School, J.D. (1982)
- Loyola University, B.B.A. (1978)