Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer P.A.’s Public Finance Team has over 125 years of aggregate experience in all aspects of public finance issues. Attorneys in the firm’s Bond Department have acted as counsel to approximately 1200 separate public finance transactions totaling over $50 billion in aggregate principal amount. Attorneys in the Public Finance Practice Team represent issuers, underwriters, credit providers, trustees, and private beneficiaries in various types of tax exempt, tax-credit and taxable financings in various capacities as bond, issuer’s, underwriters’, tax, disclosure, credit provider’s, trustee’s, and special counsel.
QPWB’s Public Finance attorneys serve as bond counsel to state, county and municipal governments, their agencies and authorities. The firm serves as bond counsel for a wide range of bond issues, including general obligation bonds, government revenue bonds, industrial revenue bonds, tax, revenue, lease revenue financing, special district financings, and other types of private equity bonds.
Members of the Public Finance Group – Accomplishments:
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) members
- “Public Private Partnerships” annual workshop panel participants
- Creation of the State & Local Government Bond Series (SLGS) Program for the Bureau of Public Debt
- American College of Bond Counsel – Founding Member
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) Distinguished Service Award
- Participant in the development of innovative financing techniques such as Capital Appreciation Bonds (“zero coupon municipals”); Taxable Defeasances; Tender Option Bonds and Municipal Derivatives; and Grantor Trust Pooled Lease Financing, Public-Private Partnerships.
National and regional investment banking firms and institutional lenders engage us in connection with the underwriting and issuance of municipal securities to finance many traditional and nontraditional government projects.
QPWB attorneys assist clients through a myriad of complex financing decisions and assist in finding creative and innovative financing techniques. Our experience includes all areas of government finance including general obligation and revenue financings for municipalities, counties, schools, park districts, regional water and sewer districts. Our public finance transactions involve industrial and economic development, port authorities, health care, housing, education, and other 501(c)(3) entities.
Public finance and municipal securities representative clients:
- State of Illinois
- Illinois Finance Authority
- State of Florida
- Indiana Finance Authority
- City of Chicago
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport
- Chicago Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority
- City of Chicago Board of Education
- Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago
- City Colleges of Chicago
- Chicago Park District
In all aspects of structuring, documenting, negotiating, and closing transactions, the firm’s experience is evidenced in the scope of our work, which includes:
- Water and Wastewater utilities
- Affordable Housing – Housing Finance Authorities
- State of Illinois Representation
- State of Florida Representation
- Higher education facilities authorities
- Project finance facilities sports, parks, and recreation
- Airport and port authorities
- Transportation financings
- Infrastructure improvement financings
- Gas tax, excise tax and sales tax financings
In addition, we provide consultation to governmental officers and officials on a wide variety of legal matters in various states and municipalities.
312.566.0040 | firstname.lastname@example.org