Terence N. Cushing is a partner in the Scottsdale, Arizona office of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. Mr. Cushing is a trial attorney practicing in the area of civil litigation. His practice includes product liability, commercial litigation, real estate, default servicing, construction defect, personal injury, and insurance matters. His practice also involves the representation of employers, self-insured employers and their insurance carriers, in all aspects of workers’ compensation claims in Arizona and Nevada. Mr. Cushing also represents licensed professionals before the State Boards of Arizona. He assists his clients through all phases of the litigation process, including arbitration, mediation, motion practice, discovery, and trial.
Mr. Cushing has worked in all three branches of the United States Government. He served as a federal law clerk to the Honorable Earl H. Carroll, United States District Court, District of Arizona. He also completed an internship at The White House and interned for U.S. Congressman Greg Ganske.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Cushing worked for Thunderbird, The American Graduate School of International Management as a program director for the Executive Education Department.
Mr. Cushing received his law degree from Pennsylvania State University in 2003 and a Bachelor of Arts from George Washington University in 1996, with a major in International Affairs.
Mr. Cushing is licensed to practice law in Arizona, Nevada, and Texas. He is also admitted in the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona and the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada.
Mr. Cushing is listed as a Southwest Super Lawyer, Rising Star (2012 and 2013). He also has been recognized as one of Arizona’s Outstanding Young Lawyers (Phoenix Magazine, 2013).
Select Representative Matters:
- Represents lending institutions in default servicing and related real estate transactions
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an automotive manufacturer against claims of breach of warranty and product defect in Nevada state court
- Defended residential real estate developer against multiple claims of construction related defects
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a hearing aid manufacturer on claims involving trademark violations and breach of contract in federal court
- Obtained dismissal of charges through a consent agreement against a licensed optician before the Arizona Board of Licensed Opticians
- Defends Fortune 500 companies in actions involving personal injury, product liability, workers’ compensation, and related claims
- Served as discovery counsel for a major Japanese automotive manufacturer
- Defended a Fortune 100 technology and manufacturing company against personal injury claims arising from alleged employee negligence, which Plaintiff claimed led to an exacerbation of multiple sclerosis
Articles and Publications:
- Author, “The Jury Is Out: Legal Community Continues to Argue the Benefits and Detriments of Legal Process Outsourcing,” AZ Business Magazine (March 15, 2010)
- Author, “Pakistan’s General Pervez Musharraf: Deceitful Dictator or Father of Democracy?” Penn State Law Review (June 2003)
8800 East Raintree Drive, Suite 100
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
Telephone: (602) 954-5605
Facsimile: (602) 954-5606
Areas of Practice:
- Business, Financial Services & Real Estate Division
- Construction Claims
- End to End Default Legal Services
- General Litigation
- Insurance and Insurers
- Labor and Employment Law
- Product Liability
- Professional Malpractice Defense
- Workers’ Compensation Defense
- Pennsylvania State University – Dickinson Law, J.D. (2003)
- The George Washington University, B.A. (1996)