Raquel S. Goldsmith is an associate in the Fort Lauderdale office of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer P.A. She focuses her practice in the areas of nursing home and assisted living defense, medical and dental malpractice defense, premises liability, automobile accidental liability and general insurance defense.
For over eight year, Ms. Goldsmith worked as an associate with a Miami law firm specializing in the representation of cruise lines in maritime personal injury claims prior to joining QPWB. Her practice was focused on wrongful death matters, sexual assault claims, and all types of tort claims involving passenger and crewmembers in both state and federal court and in the ICDR. While there, she participated in settlement negotiation and served as defense counsel in maritime cases and as plaintiff’s counsel in civil litigation matters.
Ms. Goldsmith received her Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law in May 2007 and Bachelor of Arts from Emory University in December 2003 graduating with a major in History and Judaic Studies. While in law school, she was a member of the Hispanic Law Student Association and the International Moot Court Board; and served as a certified legal intern with the Miami Dade Public Defender’s Office.
Ms. Goldsmith is licensed to practice law in Florida and is a member of The Florida Bar. She is also admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Select Representative Experience
- Represented a cruise line in a $2 million lawsuit stemming from allegations of wrongful death and intentional infliction of emotional distress
- Represented a cruise line and onboard spa in a negligence claim resulting in reduced liability after discovering plaintiff’s pattern of filing numerous prior law suits claiming similar injury
Ms. Goldsmith is conversant in Spanish using it as an attorney to interview witnesses and translate medical records; she is also fluent in conversational and written Hebrew.
2400 E. Commercial Blvd., Suite 520
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
Telephone: (954) 523-7008
Facsimile: (954) 523-7009
Areas of Practice:
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Automotive Liability
- General Litigation
- Hospitals/ Acute Care Facilities
- Insurance and Insurers
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Nursing Homes
- Premises Liability
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D. (2007)
- Emory University, B.S. (2003)