Dana T. Benedetti is a partner in the Chicago office of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A., where she concentrates her practice on aggressively defending workers’ compensation claims. She handles all aspects of litigation involving the representation of Fortune 500 and 100 companies, self-insured employers and works closely with third party administrators and insurance carriers. Ms. Benedetti’s representation includes seeking dismissal of claims, and resolution of claims through settlement or trial and up through appeal. She is experienced in risk management, providing recommendations to mitigate potential future exposure, and in the timely identification of Medicare compliance issues. She also focuses in the areas of subrogation and BitTorrent defense on a federal level. Ms. Benedetti is recognized by Super Lawyers as an Illinois Rising Star – an honor not more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the state receive (2020; 2021).
Ms. Benedetti received her Juris Doctor from The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois in May 2014, and received dual Bachelor of Arts summa cum laude from Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana in May 2011. While in law school, she served on the Honors Editorial Board as an Editor of the Journal of Information Technology & Privacy Law, and was a member of the Trial Advocacy and Alternative Dispute Resolution Honors Council, where she competed in various regional and national trial competitions.
Ms. Benedetti is licensed to practice law in Illinois and is also admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. She is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and Justinian Society of Lawyers.
- Author, “How Far Can the Government’s Hand Reach Inside Your Personal Inbox?: Problems With the SCA,” 30 J. Marshall J. Info. Tech. & Privacy L. 75 (2013)
- The Thirty Second Annual John Marshall Law School International Moot Court Competition in Information Technology and Privacy Law: Bench Memorandum, 30 J. Marshall J. Info. Tech. & Privacy L. 339 (2013)
115 South LaSalle Street, Suite 3100
Chicago, Illinois 60603
Telephone: (312) 566-0040
Facsimile: (312) 566-0041
Areas of Practice:
- General Litigation
- Insurance and Insurers
- Medicare Compliance Practice
- Workers' Compensation Defense
- The John Marshall Law School, J.D. (2014)
- Purdue University, B.A., summa cum laude (2011)