Barbara M. Pelaez is an associate in the Dallas office of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. She focuses her defense practice in the areas of personal injury and medical malpractice.
Ms. Pelaez’ experience includes serving as lead defense counsel on various personal injury cases tried to a jury. Besides her trial work, she manages her clients’ matters through all stages of litigation with an eye on resolving them quickly, when possible. Prior to joining QPWB, she practiced as a civil litigation associate with various insurance defense law firms in Texas.
Ms. Pelaez received her Juris Doctorate from Baylor University School of Law in Waco, Texas in November 2010 and Bachelor of Arts cum laude from Barry University in Miami Shores, Florida in May 2008, graduating with a major in Philosophy and minors in History and Business.
Ms. Pelaez is licensed to practice law in Texas and is a member of the State Bar of Texas. She served on the Board of Directors of the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers from 2015 to 2020 and served as a member of its 2012 Leadership Class. Ms. Pelaez also served on the Board of Directors from June 2016 to June 2018 for the Rotary Club of Dallas.
She resides in Old East Dallas with her husband, JC Mullin, and their two spoiled dogs.
- “Expedited Rules Decoded: Things You Need To Know About TRCP 169” Texas Young Lawyers Association TYLA e-News - Article of Interest, August 2018
- “Autonomous Vehicles Are Here: What Does that Mean for Us?” Dallas Association of Young Lawyers DAYL e-News – Substantive Article, March 2019, co-authored with Sadie Horner.
Awards and Recognitions
- D Magazine, “Best Lawyers Under 40” (2018 and 2020)
- Super Lawyers Magazine, Texas Rising Star (2018—2021)
1700 Pacific Avenue, Suite 4545
Dallas, Texas 75201
Telephone: (214) 754-8755
Facsimile: (214) 754-8744
Areas of Practice:
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Automotive Liability
- Fraud/SIU (Special Investigative Unit)
- General Litigation
- Insurance and Insurers
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Nursing Homes
- Premises Liability
- Trucking and Transportation
- Baylor University School of Law, J.D. (2010)
- Barry University, B.A. cum laude (2008)