Tanya M. Branch is managing partner of the New York office of Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. She focuses on complex general liability, personal injury and casualty claims involving premises liability and negligent security, motor vehicle accidents, construction-related claims, product liability, and civil rights defense. She acts on behalf of insurers and insureds in commercial general liability claims and all other aspects of personal injury litigation with an approach centered on aggressive and effective resolution. Ms. Branch is a strong trial attorney and has obtained dozens of defense verdicts and excellent settlement resolution and mediation results.
Ms. Branch represents clients in a wide range of insurance disputes. She had provided litigation services in these areas:
- Defense of contractors, subcontractors and municipalities in construction disputes involving personal injury, property damage and constructions accidents.
- Defense of land, cooperative and condominium owners, management companies and board of directors in premises liability cases, including those arising out of lack of or inadequate security, and claims involving breach of duty by officers and directors.
- Defense of automobile liability matters, including personal lines, commercial lines, trucking and leasing companies.
- Defense of product manufacturers, including mass tort litigation such as asbestos and repetitive stress injury.
Prior to joining QPWB, and since 2002, Ms. Branch was a partner and founding member of a boutique law firm providing insurance litigation services in the New York tristate area; and for over 16 years, the firm’s foremost expert in liability defense claims. Previously, she worked as an associate with a law firm that defended the New York City Housing Authority and New York City Transit Authority in personal injury and property damage claims. Over the years, she has been retained to defend claims involving ownership, management services and operations of residential and commercial buildings and properties, security companies involving construction accidents and defects, inclusive of New York Labor Law claims; indemnity and insurance procurement issues associated with third-party personal injury and property damage claims, motor vehicle liability and product liability defense.
In addition, Ms. Branch has delivered papers at meetings and provided training and education for various clients on the topics of risk management and litigation planning.
Ms. Branch received her Juris Doctor from Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, New York in 1994 and Bachelor of Science from Binghamton University, New York in 1988. She is a member of the New York Trial Lawyers Association, Metropolitan Black Bar Association, and the Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association.
She is licensed to practice law in New York and is admitted in the state and federal courts of New York including the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York. Additionally, Ms. Branch practices in New Jersey via pro hac vice admission.
QPWB’s Motion for Summary Judgment Granted
QPWB Defense Gets Motion to Dismiss on Behalf of Parkchester Dept. of Public Safety and P.S.C. Officer
Defense Proves Insured Had No Duty to Maintain
Carpenter’s on the Job Injury is Usual and Ordinary – Not in Violation of New York Labor Law
QPWB Defense Obtains Dismissal in Premises Liability Negligence Case
QPWB Defense Prove Insured Has no Duty to Maintain Underground Water Supply System/Water Cap
233 Broadway, Suite 2120
New York, New York 10279
Telephone: (212) 226-4026
Facsimile: (212) 226-4027
Areas of Practice:
- Automobile Liability
- Condominium and Homeowner Association Law
- Construction Claims
- Governmental Liability Defense
- Insurance and Insurers
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Malpractice Defense
- Trucking and Transportation
- Touro College Fuchsberg Law Center, J.D. (1994)
- Binghamton University, B.S. (1988)